We encourage you to speak with members of our lab about potential research topics that interest you, or take a look at the list of open topics provided below. As our field is constantly evolving, we are confident that we can help you find the ideal topic for your research project once you get in touch with us. Simply send a PDF of your CV and a brief outline of your coding skills and professional interests to us, and we will be happy to review your application.
We also welcome applications for PhD projects, which come with employment perks. However, please note that the application process for PhD projects follows different rules. Therefore, we kindly ask you to contact The Prof directly for further information.
Defect detection in an industrial setting
- 4 open projects together with https://www.heraeus.com/
- Multi-object tracking required
- Defects not visible in some frames
- Δ x and Δ ycan be irregular and large between subsequent bounding boxes of the same object (especially if the object detection model failed to detect the object for some frames)
- High number of false positive bounding box predictions
The Pattern recognition Lab provides excellent general guidelines about Bachelor and Master’s projects at FAU here.