Please talk to members of the lab about potential topics or have a look at the list of potential open topics below. Our field moves rapidly, so likely we’ll find the ideal topic for you after you made contact by sending us a pdf of your CV together with a brief outline about your coding skills and professional interests.
Applications for PhD projects (together with employment perks) are always welcome, but these follow differeent rules, so please contact The Prof directly.
Defect detection in an industrial setting
- 4 open projects together with https://www.heraeus.com/
- Multi-object tracking required
- Defects not visible in some frames
- Δ x and Δ ycan be irregular and large between subsequent bounding boxes of the same object (especially if the object detection model failed to detect the object for some frames)
- High number of false positive bounding box predictions
The Pattern recognition Lab provides excellent general guidelines about Bachelor and Master’s projects at FAU here.